About the booking
How does the booking process work?
1) Fill in your personal details and then click on “Check availability” ;
2) You receive a confirmation email ;
3) We come back at you as soon as possible with the rooms’ availability ;
4) You confirm your room choice ;
5) We send you the payment details and a copy of the lease agreement ;
6) You make the bank transfer (Last month rent + Security deposit) ;
7) You send us a proof of your payment by mail (copy or screenshot of the bank transfer) within 24 hours following your payment ;
8) You receive another confirmation email assuring you that the booking process is completed ;
9) You sign the lease agreement when you arrive in Liège.
What if unexpected extra bank fees occur during the booking or the monthly rent payments?
Every extra bank fee, would it be a currency exchange cost, a transaction fee or a payment method choice, is at the expense of the tenant.
What are the conditions for cancellation?
a) Cancellation 61 days or more before the first day of the contract: refunds the security deposit, and half of the last month of rent ;
b) Cancellation between 60 and 31 days before the first day of the contract: refunds the security deposit but doesn’t refund the last month of rent ;
c) Cancellation between 30 days and the first day of the contract: refunds half of the security deposit, and doesn’t refund the last month of rent ;
d) Cancellation after the first day of the contract: no refund.
About your stay
Is it possible to enter my room earlier than the 1st of September/February?
Yes it is possible upon request, depending on the rooms’ availability.
What is the composition of people in the accommodation?
We always try our best to ensure a diversity in terms of gender and nationalities within our accommodation. Moreover, as our goal is to create a good cohesion among housemates who have the same lifestyle, we limit the rent of our rooms to students aged from 18 to 28 years old.
What is the portion of local students in each accommodation?
They fill the house up to a maximum of one third of its total capacity. We put a lot of efforts to have at least one local student per house. However, depending on the demand, it may unfortunately happen that no locals live in the house at a certain period in time.
Can my family/relatives stay over for a few days?
The answer is yes, but only under few conditions :
• You will need the approval of your roommates
• The period of stay cannot exceed one week
• You will have to coordinate with your roommates as the houses are not adapted to welcome a lot of different guests from different roommates at the same time.
How much is the security deposit and when is it refunded?
The security deposit equals one month of rent. A fixed amount of 250€ will be asked for people who stay two months or less during summer.
It is paid back a few days after the check-out date if everything is ok with the room and common areas (that is, if they are in the same conditions as in the check-in date). If they’re not (that is, if something is damaged or missing), part or the totality of the deposit will not be refunded.
Note that, given the difficulties to organize common cleaning between the roommates due to the different departure dates, 15€ will automatically be kept on each roommates security deposit in order to cover the expenses of the in depth cleaning of the common areas.
How much is the rent and what is included?
On each house’s page, you could find the monthly rent of each type of room under the tab “Price table”. Here is what is included in the rent:
- The furnished common areas and your room
- Domestic appliances and crockery
- The energy and water bills (up to 50€/month/person)
- WiFi and TV channels
- Netflix account
- Access to a washing machine
Two things that are not provided are bed sheets and bath towels.
For how long can I rent a room?
The regular periods of rent during the academic year are 5 months, 10 months or 12 months.
However, during summer, it is possible to rent a room for shorter periods (e.g. 1 week, 1 month, etc.)
Can Belgian students apply for a room?
Yes, of course!
Can friends book rooms in one same accommodation?
Yes, it’s possible. Initially, the Eras’must housing concept is based on the multiculturalism and the diversity of the houses’ residents. One of our objective is to manage to mix students with different nationalities in order to create real international families. There is absolutely no problem about friends living together in one house, but we just want to make sure that everybody shares the same mindset of living among one big community and not in small groups.